Do you know about OneDrive? how can you create a new folder in OneDrive? You can keep your important data in it. If you also have this type of doubt in your mind then there is no need to worry. We are going to give you the answers to these questions in detail in this article. So, you just read this article till the end.
Generally, OneDrive is a cloud application of Microsoft. Which proves helpful in storing data in the cloud. This cloud storage remains the default in Windows 10/11 operating systems. In this, users can keep their important data i.e. photos, videos, documents, etc.
Up to 5 GB free storage is available in OneDrive. But if the user likes this cloud storage, then he can increase this storage as per his requirement, for this the user has to pay as per the amount of storage he wants. Users can access the data stored in it from anywhere.
This cloud storage not only allows the user to store his data but also allows him to share it with others. So let us know how can you create a new folder in OneDrive and keep your data in it.
How Can You Create a New Folder in OneDrive?
To save data or create a new folder in OneDrive, you must first create a Microsoft account. OneDrive users can create a new folder in two ways. So let us first know how to create new folders from the official website of OneDrive.
1st method to Create a New folder in OneDrive
- First you have to go to https://onedrive.live.com/ which is the official website of OneDrive and login with your Microsoft account. If you do not have a Microsoft account then create a Microsoft account first.
- As soon as you enter the official website of OneDrive, you will see an option named My Files at the top of the left side. In which you have to click.
- After clicking it, you will see an option called New at the top.
- By clicking on the new option, you will see the option to create a new folder. Along with this, if you want to create office documents i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Form Survey etc., then you can create those also.
- After creating a new folder, you can also share it or the files stored in it with your friends.
Also Read: How to Remove/Disable OneDrive Windows 10
2nd method to Create a New folder in OneDrive
- Using this method, when you have opened your OneDrive account, the application will ask for a specific location where you can store the data. However, by default, the OneDrive folder is created inside the user folder.
- Open that OneDrive folder.
- After that, you can create a new folder by right-clicking it.
- From this, you can also share your data or folder.
- If the Synchronization option is turned on, the folder or file stored in it will be automatically synced.
- You can access it from any of your devices. You just have to open a Microsoft account.
Also Read: Importance of cloud computing & their types
Creating a shared folder in OneDrive lets you give others access to the files and documents contained within that folder. Here’s the step-by-step guide on how to create a shared folder in OneDrive. You can follow these steps.
- As we have told you about how to create a new folder in OneDrive, follow the steps and create a New folder.
- Right-click on the folder you just created, and choose the “Share” option from the context menu.
- In the sharing pane that appears, enter the email addresses of the people you want to share the folder with in the “Invite people” field.
- Choose the type of access you want to grant: “Can Edit” allows others to edit and add files to the folder, while “Can View” only allows them to view the folder’s contents.
- Optionally, you can also add a message along with the invitation.
- Click the “Send” button to send the invitation.
- If you need more control over sharing settings, click “Copy Link” in the Sharing pane.
- You can change the link settings to control who can access the folder through the link and what they can do (view or edit).
In this way, you can share the data of your OneDrive with others.
What is Microsoft OneDrive?
OneDrive is a cloud storage from Microsoft which helps in storing user’s data and important documents. To access it, the user must have a Microsoft account. You can access the data stored in OneDrive from anywhere. It has 5 GB free space. If the user needs more storage, the user has to pay for more storage.
How do I access OneDrive?
You can access OneDrive through a web browser by signing in with your Microsoft account at onedrive.com. Additionally, OneDrive is often integrated into Windows 10/11, and you can access it through File Explorer on your PC.
Is OneDrive only for Windows users?
No, OneDrive is not limited to Windows users. OneDrive applications are available for macOS, iOS, Android, and there’s also a web version accessible from any modern web browser.
OneDrive is a good cloud storage solution which comes under Microsoft. These allow individuals and organizations to access files on different devices, and share them with others. However, OneDrive’s integration with Windows 10/11 and Office 365 enhances the user experience. This makes it easy to edit and synchronize office documents i.e. files like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook in real-time.
I hope that after reading today’s article you will understand How Can You Create a New Folder in OneDrive? How To Create a Shared Folder in OneDrive? You may have got complete information about it. If you still have any doubt then you can tell us. We will definitely solve your doubts.
If you liked this article and learned something from it, then share it as much as possible.
Thanks for reading this article