Are you worried about the OneDrive setup in your Windows system? For this Like looking for a solution of How to Disable OneDrive Windows 10? How to uninstall or remove OneDrive in Windows 10? If so then there is nothing to worry about. In this article, we have provided you detailed information about what is OneDrive, its working and how to disable OneDrive windows 10. So, without delay let’s get started.
What is OneDrive?
OneDrive is a storage platform which we also know as cloud storage. It can be used only by people having a Microsoft account. It comes pre-installed with your Windows 10/11 operating system. If you use the Windows operating system then there will be no need to download it separately.
In this cloud storage you can store your important documents, photos and video files etc. You can access these documents on your mobile, tablet, laptop or PC. You just need to have an internet connection on that device.
In OneDrive, you get up to 5 GB of free storage space to store your data. If your data is more and you want to keep it in the cloud storage of OneDrive, then you have to pay for more storage. A special feature of this cloud storage is that it automatically saves and synchronizes the pictures stored in your system in the cloud. Microsoft has added its Office 365 with OneDrive so that Office documents can be easily stored in the cloud.
However, some users do not like this cloud application. The only possibility is that they may have some other cloud storage availability. So, they keep searching how to remove or disable OneDrive Windows 10.
How to Remove/Disable OneDrive Windows 10
If you don’t like OneDrive cloud storage, there are several ways to remove or disable Onedrive from your system. Please note that these steps may vary slightly depending on Windows Update, so it is advisable to check for the latest information.
- Right-click the OneDrive icon in the system tray (lower-right corner).
- Select “Settings” and go to the “Account” tab.
- Click “Unlink this PC” and confirm.
- Lastly, right-click on the OneDrive icon on tool bar and click on exit.
Disable OneDrive using the Group Policy Editor
- Press Win + R to open the Run dialog.
- Type gpedit.msc and press Enter to open the Group Policy Editor.
- In the Group Policy Editor, go to: Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> OneDrive
- Look for the policy named “Prevent the usage of OneDrive for file storage.”
- Double-click on the policy to open its settings.
- Select the “Enabled” option.
- Click “OK” to apply the changes.
- After that, restart your system.
By enabling this policy, you can prevent the use of OneDrive for file storage. Keep in mind that the availability of the Group Policy Editor depends on the edition of Windows 10 you’re using (for example, the Home edition doesn’t include the Group Policy Editor).
Prevent OneDrive from Starting Automatically
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete buttons and select “Task Manager”.
- Go to the “Startup” tab.
- Right-click on “Microsoft OneDrive” and select “Disable.”
- This will appear when you start your PC after disabling it.
Keep in mind that these above steps will not completely uninstall OneDrive, but they will remove its integration with File Explorer and prevent it from starting automatically. If you ever need to use OneDrive again, you can link your account and re-enable it through OneDrive settings.
Remove OneDrive form your computer
- If you want to completely remove OneDrive from your system, then you will have to first go to the control panel.
- There you will have to click on the Programs and Features option.
- After that, you will see Microsoft OneDrive in which you will have to right-click and click on uninstall.
- This will remove the OneDrive from your system.
If you apply these steps in your system, you will completely remove OneDrive from your system. If you need it later, you can download it or consult Microsoft official.
How much free storage does OneDrive provide?
OneDrive typically provides users with 5GB of free storage. However, if you need more storage than this, you will have to pay for it.
Is OneDrive only for Windows users?
No, OneDrive is not limited to Windows users. There are OneDrive applications available for macOS, iOS, and Android, and there’s also a web version accessible from any modern web browser.
Yes, OneDrive allows you to share files and folders with others. You can specify whether recipients can view or edit shared content, and you can also set expiration dates for shared links.
How does OneDrive integrate with Microsoft 365?
OneDrive is closely integrated with Microsoft 365 (formerly known as Office 365). It enables seamless file synchronisation between Microsoft 365 applications such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Files stored in OneDrive can be easily accessed and edited using these applications.
Is OneDrive secure?
OneDrive always provides encryption and other security to keep your important files safe. It offers security such as two-factor authentication for additional protection of your files. However, users should always take care of their account credentials and sharing settings to keep their data secure.
- Fix Explorer.exe System call failed error in Windows 10/11
- Disable Logitech Download Assistant Startup in Windows 10
- How to fix SD Card Showing Wrong Size error
- Fix Script Errors on Windows 10/11
- How To Partition SSD in Windows 10
- Is it Possible to Recover Data from dead SSD?
OneDrive is a good cloud storage in which you can store your data for free. Apart from this, you can access your data from any device like phone, tablet, laptop, PC from anywhere. But some people want to disable or remove it from their computer because it has its alternative.
It is hoped that after reading this article you will know that How to Remove/Disable OneDrive Windows 10? I hope that after reading this you will be able to do it easily. If you are facing any problem in doing this then you can tell us. We will try our best to solve your problem.
If you liked this article or learned something from it, then share it as much as possible. So that this solution can reach the people stuck in such problems. Thanks for reading this article.