Microsoft Teams is a powerful collaboration tool used by individuals and organizations worldwide. However, it offers a variety of features and benefits. However, some users prefer to disable Microsoft Teams from automatically launching when they start Windows. In this blog post, we’ll explore about Microsoft Teams and step-by-step guide on how to disable Microsoft Teams auto startup on Windows 10/11, giving you more control over your startup process and system resources.
What is Microsoft Teams?
Microsoft Teams is a collaboration and communication platform developed by Microsoft. It is part of Microsoft 365 or Office 2021 suite. Teams is designed to facilitate teamwork and increase productivity in both professional and educational settings.
Microsoft Teams is a group messaging platform. With Microsoft Teams, users can create or join existing teams, bringing colleagues, project members, or classmates together in a centralized workspace. It provides a variety of features to support communication, collaboration, and organization within these groups.
Microsoft Teams has gained significant popularity. Especially in remote work and distance learning scenarios. It provides a comprehensive platform for communication, collaboration and project management, promoting teamwork and improving productivity in organizations.
3 Ways to Disable Microsoft Teams auto startup on Windows 10/11
Microsoft Teams is usually installed automatically when you install Office 2021 or Microsoft 365. However, you can prevent Microsoft Teams from being installed during the Office 365 install by going to Configuration Manager.
The Teams option appears on your screen at the time of Windows startup. Some people do not like this. So, they all find ways to disable Microsoft Teams. In this article, we are going to tell 3 methods to disable Microsoft Teams. So, let’s know about these methods.
Method 1: Using Microsoft Teams Settings
- Open Microsoft Teams: First run the Microsoft Teams software.
- Access Settings: After opening the software, you will see 3 Dots in the right side top where you have to click. After that, a drop-down menu will open where you will see the Settings option at the top. Click on that setting option
- Go to the General section. In the Settings window, go to the “General” section on the left.
- Disable “Auto-start applications”: Scroll down to the “Applications” section, and uncheck the box next to “Auto-start applications“. This will prevent Teams from launching automatically when you start Windows.
- Save Changes: After disabling the auto-start option, click the “Apply” or “Save” button to save your changes.
Method 2: Using Task Manager
- Open Task Manager: Right-click on the taskbar and select “Task Manager” from the context menu. Alternatively, you can press “Ctrl + Shift + Esc” on your keyboard to directly open Task Manager.
- Switch to the Startup tab. In the Task Manager window, click the “Startup” tab at the top.
- Find Microsoft Teams: Look for “Microsoft Teams” in the list of startup applications. The status will indicate whether it is “enabled or disabled”.
- Disable Microsoft Teams: Right-click “Microsoft Teams” and select “Disable” from the drop-down menu. This will prevent Teams from launching on startup.
- Restart your computer: Close Task Manager and restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
Method 3: Prevent Microsoft Teams Auto Startup Using the Registry
- Open Registry Editor. Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the Run dialog box. Type “regedit” (without the quotes) and press Enter to launch Registry Editor. If prompted by User Account Control (UAC), click “Yes” to allow.
- Navigate to the Microsoft Teams registry key: In Registry Editor, navigate to the following path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
- Delete the registry: In the right-hand pane, you will see a value named ” com.squirrel.Teams.Teams”. Delete the registry teams.
- Close Registry Editor: Close Registry Editor by clicking the “X” button or selecting “Exit” from the File menu.
- Restart your computer: To apply the changes, restart your computer. After rebooting, Microsoft Teams should no longer start automatically on system startup.
- Track a Stolen Laptop in Windows 10/11
- Fix “AnyDesk not Connected to Server” error
- Switch to Windows 11
- Fix Server IP address Could not be Found Error
- Disconnected from anydesk network
- Fix ”Input Signal Out Of Range” Error on your system
Disabling Microsoft Teams from starting with Windows gives you more control over its startup process and can help conserve system resources. By following the above step-by-step methods in this blog post, you can easily disable Teams from launching automatically when you start your computer.
Whether you prefer to manually launch Teams or use alternative communication tools when needed, these methods allow you to streamline your startup experience. Enjoy a more optimized and efficient computing environment by disabling Microsoft Teams on startup.
I hope you have understood well about today’s blog post “How to Disable Microsoft Teams from Auto Startup on Windows 10/11”. If you have any kind of doubt then you can contact us, we will try our best to solve your doubt.
If you like this post, then share it as much as possible so that such informative things can reach everyone. Thanks for reading this blog post.