Have you faced problems like “Printer error 0x000003e3” or “Windows Cannot connect to the printer”? However, this error is more visible in the sharing printer. Let us know about this problem.
After all, everyone knows how to use a printer. Apart from this, printer proves to be an important component for official work or documentation. If you work in an organization or any office, then you must have seen the sharing printer. Many users are connected to a printer and take out their print. After all, this printer remains connected to the computer network and all users print from the same printer.
Sometimes while printing in this printer, some users face a problem that “Operation failed error 0x000003e3” or “Cannot connect to the printer” error comes. There are many reasons for this problem to happen. If you are also facing this problem while printing from sharing printer then there is no need to worry. In this article, we have told in details about the reason for this problem and how it can be solved.
If you have come to our site looking for a solution to this problem, then you have come to the right place. So, without delay, let’s know why “Windows Cannot connect to the printer” error occurs and how to solve it.
Also Read: Is it worth upgrading to Windows 11?
Reason Behind “Windows cannot connect to the printer error 0x000003e3”
Before jumping into the solution, it is important to understand what this error means. The “Windows can’t connect to the printer” error with code 0x000003e3 is usually caused by issues related to the printer driver and configuration. A more detailed explanation of why this error occurs is described below.
Printer Driver Issue
When there are issues with the printer driver, this error frequently occurs. The printer driver is software that serves as an interface between the operating system of your computer and the physical printer hardware. The 0x000003e3 problem may appear if Windows is unable to connect to the printer because of an outdated, incompatible, or corrupted driver.
If your computers are installed with 2 or 3 printers or you still have software from older printers in your system, this conflict may occur. Attempts to detect and print communication with the correct printer.
If you have more than one printer driver installed in your system, then set only one as the default printer. With this, your Windows will not conflict in giving print commands to the printer.
Important settings and parameters for many hardware and software components may be found in the Windows registry. If you have incorrect registry entries related to your printer, it can disrupt the printing process and trigger the error.
Print Spooler Problems
Print Spooler is a Windows service. It is responsible for managing the print jobs in the print queue. If there are problems related to the print spooler, such as stopping or not starting while printing, proper communication between the computer and the printer, etc. manage the problem. If there is some change in these, then there may be an error in the printer.
Other Software Interference
Your computer’s security software or other third-party programs might prevent your printer from operating normally. These applications might block printer connections or cause conflicts that trigger the error.
How to fix Windows cannot connect to the printer error 0x000003e3?
Below are some solutions to solve the Windows cannot to the printer error in the printer. So, please go through this.
Restart Your Computer and Printer
Sometimes, the simplest solutions can be the most effective. First of all, turn off both your computer and printer. After a few seconds, turn them back on. This simple task can often resolve minor connectivity issues.
Delete Old or Corrupted Printers
If you have more than one printer software installed on your computer, then it can cause this problem. Therefore, set the printer which you are using mostly as the default printer on your computer. If you want to delete the printer software from them, then follow the steps given below.
- Press the Windows + X keys on your keyboard and select “Settings.”
- Go to “Devices” and then “Printers & scanners.”
- Remove those printers that you no longer use or that are displaying the error message.
Update Windows & Printer Drivers
There is always some error in the old operating system, one of these is printer error 0x000003e3. Usually, Microsoft keeps releasing updates, patches etc. for its Windows operating system from time to time. These include many great features and are helpful in automatically solving the issues occurring in the system.
Some computer users turn it off due to internet problems due to which their system keeps getting intermittent problems. Therefore, Windows Update should not be turned off in Windows 10/11 operating systems.
Also Read: How to fix disconnected from anydesk network
If your system is not automatically receiving Windows updates, proceed with the steps below and make sure you have installed the latest patches.
- Please press “Windows + I” key on your keyboard and click on “Update & Security” option.
- After this, click on the “Check for Updates” option visible on the left side of the page.
- You will see the pending updates and updates available in the system in a list and there will be an option to “Download and Install” below. You have to click in that option and update your system.
Outdated or corrupted printer drivers are a common cause of error 0x000003e3. To update or reinstall them, please follow the below steps.
- Visit the printer manufacturer’s website.
- Look for the latest drivers compatible with your printer model.
- Download and install the updated drivers.
- If updating doesn’t work, try uninstalling the current printer drivers first and then installing the new ones.
Clear the Print Spooler
A service that controls print jobs is called the print spooler. It may need to be cleared to fix problems with the printer.
- Press Windows + R, type “services.msc”, and press Enter.
- Scroll down and find “Print Spooler.”
- Right-click it and select “Stop.”
- After it stops, right-click it again and choose “Start.”
Run the Printer Troubleshooter
Windows 10/11 has a built-in troubleshooter that can help fix common issues, including printer problems.
- Press the Windows + I key to open Settings.
- Go to “Update & Security” and select “Troubleshoot” from the left sidebar.
- Under “Find and fix other problems,” Click on “Printer” and run the troubleshooter.
Check the Registry for Errors
If your computer is still getting the Cannot connect to the printer error after following the methods above, you will eventually need to make some changes to the registry settings.
Care must be taken when making changes to the Windows Registry. However, if you are comfortable doing so, you can try this method. Otherwise, take a backup first.
- First you have to type “Services” on search menu and press enter.
- Then scroll down and right click on “Printer Spooler” option and click on Stop.
- Press the Windows + R keys to open Run prompt.
- Type “Regedit” and press enter.
- After opening the Registry Editor, navigate to the location mentioned below.
- After opening the path,ath click on Print and then you can see Providers.
- Right-click on it click on the Delete option and click on Yes to confirm the deletion of the key.
- After that, again open “Services” menu list and go to Printer Spooler.
- Right-click on it and Start the service.
Also Read: How to Fix Script Errors on Windows 10/11
The operation failed with printer error 0x000003e3 can be a troubling problem for you. But by following these steps, you will be able to solve it and get your printer working smoothly again.
Always remember to be patient and follow the directions carefully. If your problem is not being solved, then you can send it to us by writing in the comment box.
I hope that after reading this article, you must have solved “Windows Cannot Connect to the Printer” or “Printer error 0x000003e3” of your printer. If you liked this article then share this article as much as possible. Thanks for reading the article.